Wednesday 16 July 2008

Post-it...

The first partial print went up on the billboard today. It's a blown-up scan of an amazing drawing on a post-it note that i found by The Oval cricket ground in South London. I'm not sure waht it is or why it would need to be on a post-it. i looks like a chap in a sweatband bleeding from his eyes to me. please feel free to leave your thoughts on this visceral masterpiece. Here's the original in all its poorly photographed glory:

Photobucket


And here's its billboard, oversized offspring:

Photobucket
Photobucket

A new one will arrive tomorrow and with it a new post. I found some insightful writings in the excellent book Contemporary Art: From Studio to Situation which i will try and find some relevant quotes for tomorrow. Frankly I'm too tired to right now and it feels like the energy needed could cause me to perish...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking good luke- keep it up!

Fanny Minka said...

I think it looks like two darkened figures lurking behind a wall while something is ablaze in the background...

Luke Drozd said...

hey Minka!
I like the lurking figures reading of the post-it. Its a small found piece of joy that just wont stop giving.